This recipe is super simple and I had all the ingredients on hand, so I gave it a whirl! It was adapted from Meals & Moves Blog, so I’ve got to give credit where credit is due — thanks Janetha!
Garlic, Pepper & Onion Turkey Burgers
- 1.25 lb. extra lean ground turkey
- 4 Tbsp. Garlic Lover’s hommus (I love Cedar’s!)
- 2 Tbsp. (gf) Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 C. frozen or fresh pepper & onion mix
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 Tbsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional – for spice factor)
Toppings & assembly:
- Udi’s Gluten-free Classic Hamburger Buns (toasted!)
- Reduced-sugar ketchup
- Reduced-fat Olive Oil Mayo
1. Simply mix all the ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl
2. Form 4-6 “patties” with your hands after combined. If you want smaller patties, you’ll get more burgers out of it. We made six for leftovers! Making them smaller also help them not to fall apart quite as easily.
3. Cook in a non-stick pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray (I couldn’t figure out how to type that without being repetitive).
4- Cook on the stove top for a few minutes on medium-high heat until the burgers start to brown.
5- Flip until both sides have time to brown and the burgers are cooked the entire way through!
6- Put one of your cooked patties on an Udi’s Gluten-free Classic Hamburger Bun because, let’s face it, that’s the most delicious way to eat them 😉
7- Top with Olive Oil, Reduced Fat Mayo & Reduced Sugar Ketchup and serve with steamed green beans & peas, and microwaved, Lite Gazebo Room dressed, thin-sliced potatoes, and call it a meal.
Oh yeah, and don’t forget to keep it classy with paper plates. You’ll thank me when the only dish you have to wash after dinner is your skillet 😉