Cranberries have never been a “must try” food for me. Boy, have I been missing out. According to this article, they’re a fabulous source of Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and Fiber. They also help to prevent UTIs, cancer (prostate, liver, breast, ovarian, and colon cancers), cardiovascular disease, and gum disease. Since baked goods are the best way I could think of to try cranberries out, I began my recipe search. When I realized I had two entire cases of coconut flour sitting in my pantry from Amazon.com (Subscribe & Save program), I knew I had to find a recipe that could incorporate that as an ingredient as well.
To the rescue, Elana’s Pantry, with her Gluten Free Cranberry Walnut Bread recipe. I nixed the walnuts (only because I didn’t have any on-hand). I had to revise the recipe a tad, but it worked out perfectly!
½ cup coconut flour
¼ tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. baking soda
grapeseed oil canola oil
agave nectar sugar-free honey
1 tbsp. vanilla
½ cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Combine the coconut flour, salt and baking soda in a medium sized bowl with a fork until well blended.
- Scramble in the eggs, oil, honey and vanilla
- Stir in cranberries (and walnuts if you’re using them)
- Pour batter into a “perfect brownie pan” sprayed with non-stick cooking spray OR (2) greased 6.5 x 4 inch baby loaf pans
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes
- Cool and serve
I can definitely say, I’ve already made a second batch of them!! They’re absolutely delicious. Also, feel free to add more cranberries! I double the amount the second time and they were even better! The little “pops” of cranberry weren’t enough for me the first time. Definitely preferred them with more!