This weekend, Jarid & I had the opportunity to see my Dad’s side of the family, which we, unfortunately, don’t have the chance to see very often. I had been looking forward to it all week! I was tired of making my infamous GF Spinach & Pea Pesto Pasta Salad, so I decided on something a little different for this get-together.
I present, Lightened Up Loaded Potato Wedges
- 4-6 medium sized potatoes
- 1/2 C. light buttermilk ranch dressing
- 1 C. plain 0% greek yogurt
- 1/4 C. olive oil
- 1/4 C. unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 C. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 C. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 C. diced lean turkey bacon
- sea salt, to taste
- Cut potatoes into “steak french fries” size.
- Toss potato wedges in olive oil & salt
- Bake at 400º for about 40 minutes or until tender
- While the potatoes are roasting, mix together greek yogurt, dressing, and almond milk in a bowl until well combined.
- On your serving platter, or dish, spread out 1/2 to 3/4 of the sauce you’ve just made.
- When the potatoes are finished, place them on top of the cream sauce and drizzle the remaining sauce on top of the potatoes
- Sprinkle on cheese & bacon as toppings
- Place the whole dish under the broiler for a minute or two to melt the cheese.
- Dig in!
Tell me that doesn’t look delicious?! There were barely any leftovers. I was so glad they were a hit!
The entire spread was delicious. Aunt Sandy totally outdid herself!
Brown rice pilaf, Momma’s famous mac & cheese, my potato wedges, roasted seasoned peppers and onions, grilled marinated chicken, and sausages plus salad on the side! I also made a cheesy quinoa & zucchini dish with French Onion Laughing Cow Light cheese wedges.
Towards the end of the day, I took position as QB and ran some routes to the Cole man, pictured on the right.
He definitely got the Cox side’s red hair! In fact, I think he looks a lot like my Daddy.
In addition to our family get-together, we had tickets for Senator’s baseball games both Friday and Saturday nights.
Around the 7th inning, one of the workers at the stadium snagged Bowman out of the crowd to hold up a “noise” sign!
Before I knew it, he was on the guy’s shoulders! Also, when the chicken dance was played, Jarid & I started dancing, hoping that the boys would follow our lead and do it with us… they DID and managed to wind up on the big screen! Haha.
Sam Adams OctoberFest & Stella Artois for my man, and then home we went to crash <3
I hope you all had a fantastic weekend and that you’re making the most of these last few weeks of warm weather!