Thanks to this sweet girl, I’ve decided to participate and uphold my duties as a nominee for the Liebster Award.
Here are the rules:
Write 11 random facts about yourself
Answer the 11 questions given by the blogger who nominated you
Create 11 new questions
Nominate 11 bloggers and mention them in the post
Thank the blogger who nominated you and tell the bloggers you’ve nominated
Here goes nothing…11 random facts… anddddd. GO!
- Before I got old (i.e. married), I could play a mean game of basketball.
- I’m a natural red-head/gingerkid/carrottop.
- I am a spitting image of my Daddy
- My two younger sisters, my Momma, & my cousin Brandi are my best girl friends.
- I’m a newlywed as of September 16, 2012.
- The first time I went out of the country it was on my honeymoon to Curaçao.
- I’m a Pinterest
- If I could, I’d eat at Wegman’s every single day (we even went there for my bachelorette party meal!). Their meatless meatballs and roasted butternut squash are SO delicious. I always round up a hodge-podge in my little box.
- This Spring, I’d like to start my very own garden so I don’t have to spend so much money on fresh produce.
- Since the first time I tried Bare Minerals makeup, I vowed never to go back. You can sleep in it?! I was sold.
- My can never pick a favorite anything (except, man, of course — LOVEYOUJARID) and have it stick. My preferences change on a daily basis.
Here are my answers to the 11 questions that Danielle asked!
1. What is your favorite thing about blogs/blogging?
My favorite thing about blogging is the ability to look back at memories you’ve made, things you’ve learned, and how far you’ve come over time. It’s so neat to see where I was a year ago in pictures…like a photo journal, if you will.
2. What is your favorite restaurant?
*See my fact #11 ;) I’m a horrible favorite picker! Although… I can actually determine one, this time….**See fact #8.
3. What is the one best kept secret places around where you live?
There are a few little places that are hidden gems in our area!
Best pizza place around = The Wild Tomato (they have whole wheat & gluten-free crusts!)
Best brunch spot = Tomato Pie Cafe (baked oatmeal, goat cheeses, hummus, etc.)
Best sandwich shop = Pita Pit! Whole wheat, hummus, sprouts, black beans, falafel, etc.)
4. Do you have any pets?
No pets yet, but Jarid is begging me to get a puppy eventually.
5. What is one thing you are hoping for under the Christmas tree?
Some new (light-weight) scarves to spice up some old outfits.
6. What is your favorite song right now?
I’m digging these tunes at the moment:
Sweet Serendipity -Lee DeWyze
Ready or Not -Bridgit Mendler
What Makes You Beautiful -One Direction
Arms -Christina Perri
Worth It -Francesca Battistelli
Melt Into You -Sara Bareilles
One Step Closer -Shane Harper
Little Things -One Direction
7. What is a new years resolution you are thinking about setting?
I actually NEVER make a New Years’ resolution… unless one comes to me exactly at the new year. If I see something throughout the year that I’d like to change or that I feel needs to be changed in my life, I do it then and there. No need to wait until 2013 ;)
8. If you could go on vacation anywhere… where would you go?
I’d take a tour of Europe with my husband. Greece, Italy, Paris, Berlin, etc.
9. What is your dream job?
I’d love to be a wellness/fitness coach.
10. How do you think your life will be different in 5 years?
Maybe a few little Snyders will be running around the house by then? Who knows.
11. What is your favorite thing to have for breakfast?
Since I’ve been married, I’m pretty sure I’ve had the exact same thing for breakfast every single day:
2 slices of light whole wheat bread dipped in a melted combination of sticky bun glaze (1/8 C. sugar-free pancake syrup+1 tsp. coconut oil+ 1 tbsp. unsweetened applesauce) with a protein shake using 1/2 scoop of this vanilla powder, 1/8 C. peanut flour, 1 small ripe banana, 5 ice cubes, and some salt — hello peanut butter milkshake for breakfast?!
Here are my new set of 11 questions:
- What is your favorite recipe (doesn’t matter what course) that has 4 components or less?
- What is your favorite way to workout?
- Do you have a favorite protein bar? If so, which one?
- What’s number one on your Christmas list this year?
- If you could tell your younger self something growing up, what would it be?
- What’s number one on your bucket list?
- Best place to do clothing shopping for work. GO.
- Is there a food blog trend that you just can’t get into? Oatmeal? Green monsters? Pumpkin?
- What’s your number one tip for saving money at the grocery store?
- Best nail polish color in your collection. Brand & name, GO.
- TV shows that rock?
Here are the 11 ladies I’ll be tagging for this fun little challenge:
- Katie @ Talk Less, Say More
- Angela @ Beauty in Strength
- Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life
- Katie @ Healthy Diva Eats
- Ashley @ My Food N’ Fitness Diaries
- Claire @ Live and Love To Eat
- Lauren @ Say What You Need to Say
- Brittany @ Go The Xtra Mile Blog
- Janae @ The Hungry Runner Girl
- Nicole @ The Kidless Kronicles
- Lindsey @ A Running Tale
Have at it, ladies! :)